TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is recognized in 2019 by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US. TISTA is also a recipient of 2019 Top Veteran-Owned Companies by the Washington Business Journal. TISTA also received a 2018 Moxie Award in the GovCon category.
Are you a Data Engineer that would like to be part of delivering initiatives for digitization, automation, modernization, and interoperability of systems and processes to provide Veterans and their families the most efficient and timely service and benefits? Our team will provide application modernization, implementing a standard platform, common data sharing models, and establish a standardized approach to software delivery resulting in a positive impact for millions of people. If so, we may have an opportunity for you!
- Provide hands-on software development for a large data project, hosted in a cloud environment.
- Identify and map data sources for all the data needed to accomplish the business functionality being developed
- Ensure data is accurately mapped and coming from the correct source
- Provide Data Source and Usage Mappings Documentation to include the source, type and data definition of the data elements and where it is being used in the component application(s)
- Develop scripts and instructions to be included in the deployment requests for any data migrations or database additions needed to deliver the requirements or functionality
- Provide data and statistics in an Agile Development Data and Statistics Report and implement continuous improvements per Sprint and Program Increments (PI)
- Support and develop, implement, and document any necessary data migration strategies/plan(s)
- Coordinate and collaborate with API providers and VA teams providing dependent systems and data sources to conduct periodic load testing as supported by those teams, independent of the vendor
- Incorporate data analytics requirements into the application design and implement data pipelines to extract, transform and load data into data analytics platform
- Use approved project management tool to provide a single authoritative project and product data and artifact repository
- Perform gap analysis of the structure, governance, capability, and measurements of the data analytical environment
- Support development of Data Warehouse/Program Analysis and Integrity (e.g., PA&I) schema and reports design
- Create reports, charts, models, and tools to help tell stories to inform business best practices
- detect and resolve data quality issues and perform analysis on the cause and effect of errors/deficiencies
- Develop, operationalize, and maintain business intelligence and data governance for the portfolio and product lines to enable data driven decisions
- Design and deliver cross-cutting tools for analytics, provide complex data analysis, data migration, data aggregation, and introduction and implementation of emergent data practices such as pattern recognition and data mining.
- Interpret and mine data to identify patterns and trends to determine how business decisions influence business improvement initiatives and decision making
- Provide mitigation strategies and provide predictive strategies and outputs to inform business line operations
- Develop data exchanges and system integration capabilities with stakeholders external to the system and component Products while leveraging and increasing reuse of existing component capabilities
- Establish data access services to facilitate data sharing internal and external to system components
- Develop and deliver Discovery Reports: Logical Data Models and Business Process Models
- Provide architectural support to projects within a team
- Provide expertise in the development of estimates for EPICs and User Stories for planning and execution.
- Be able to help others break down large team goals into specific and manageable tasks
- Be involved and supportive of agile sprint model of development, helping to enforce the practice and the discipline
- Support high-quality coding standards and practices via reviews and by demonstrating this in their own work.
- Able to work efficiently and pro-actively across engineering teams to enable us to deliver on our goals of loosely coupled, adaptable, scalable solutions
- Have a good understanding of where their project fits into the larger goals for engineering and adapts their work so that the priorities of the systems they are creating match those of the organization
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more high-level software languages (e.g. Java, Java Script, Python, SQL, Django). Python and Java standard requirements
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services - EC2, EBS, RedShift, EMR, ELB, SNS, RDS, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience using Tableau
- Experience with big data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark, MapReduce, Hadoop)
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and techniques (e.g. continuous integration, Jenkins, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with one or more software version control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion)
- Experience software development in a team environment
- Experience software development on a team using Agile methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field
- Ability to pass Modest Background Investigation (MBI)