Enterprise Data Scientist, The Netherlands - Amsterdam
Be a part of a revolutionary change.
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fuelled by technology.
The total transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
To join us in IT you’ll need to be driven and equally happy whether you’re taking the strategic view or diving deep into processes. We'll make sure you're set up to succeed whatever your project is, our culture is agile and collaborative, and we genuinely believe our people are some of the best you’ll ever work with.
Your Day to Day
We are seeking an Enterprise Data Scientist to join us in our central office in Amsterdam (Spaces Zuidas 201, Amsterdam 1083HN).
Together, we share a very exciting professional outlook. We invent and implement algorithms, we design and build analytical pipelines – all with demonstrating from domains like statistics, machine learning, information and graph theory, data mining, optimization, network analysis etc. We work in international teams with huge cultural diversity and we interact not only with other fellow data scientists, but also with data engineers, DevOps, business owners, data architects, security and privacy specialists, etc. We mostly write our analytical code in Python, but we're not afraid of R, Java and even Scala. Last but not least, we are strong supporters of Open Source.
Are you ready to crunch any data to generate business value? Are you fluent in Python and do you know what is necessary to produce high quality code for analytics? Do you know when to use ANOVA and when to use Kruskal-Wallis test? Have you been working in a multidisciplinary environment using agile methodology? With this skillset, you are an ideal fit for our Enterprise Analytics and Data department, and we would like to hear from you!
More specifically, you’ll
- Be responsible for exploring exciting data science use cases and bringing them all the way to industrialized products
- Work in close collaboration with our various business partners to answer their hungry needs of data driven decisions
- Act a strong pillar of our great team of data scientists, interacting closely with our data engineers, scrum master and product owners.
Who we’re looking for
- MSc or a PhD in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Sound track record of putting data science to work in domains such as FMCG, Finance & Banking, Telecommunication and Transportation.
- Fluent in Python, comfortable using docker containers and Jupyter notebooks.
- Know how to make your research reproducible.
- Sound understanding of data structures and algorithms, specifically advanced statistics and machine learning.
- Experienced with commonly used Big Data technology stack such as Hadoop Data Platform and Spark, to name a few.
- Know how to create stunning visualizations of data insights and how to deliver exciting presentations to non-tech savvy audience.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary and agile teams and ideally are SCRUM certified.
- Comfortable processing data of various sources and building strong data pipelines
- Know what GitFlow and Pull Requests are and how to use them.
- Know what continuous delivery and continuous deployment are and how data scientists can benefit from it
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Please note that minimum 20% travelling within Europe (Switzerland and Poland) is required for this job.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.