Avanade, a joint venture between Accenture and Microsoft, combines the best in strategy and technology to allow clients to unlock more value from their businesses. As we continue to grow our Polish business a new site opens in the heart of Poland - Warsaw. With our ambitious growth plan opportunities arose to join us at the newly created positions of solution architects. By joining now, you will experience what it is like to be the force that shapes our new Warsaw team and excites our clients with the digital transformation of their businesses. All this while being surrounded by curious people, bold challenges, and limitless learning opportunities.
We are looking for Data Scientist to leverage your understanding of complex data analysis and modeling to ensure Avanade project teams and clients can successfully extract value from their data. Working under the direction of your team members, this role supports hypothesis generation and testing, exploratory analysis, data preparation for statistical modelling/machine learning/deep learning, building machine learning or deep learning models and model interpretations. You will be expected to make prescriptive recommendations for how to use the data to guide impactful business-decision making. Additionally, you will support junior team members when applicable.Day-to-day you will:
Your technical/non-technical skills include:
- Apply working expertise of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, deep learning and/or advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to better business decision-making
- Build solutions for Avanade's clients driven through data analysis that may include complex, high-dimensional datasets, both structured and unstructured
- Collect, aggregate, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business performance.
- Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Communicate data-driven insights and deliver action plans that steer business strategy and decision-making for one or more business segments.
- Work with Avanade's and client teams to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementations
- Provide input and guidance on data visualization techniques and opportunities
- Be recognized as advanced individual contributor and work with minimal supervision with high latitude for independent judgement
- Identify new analytics tools and techniques and lead development and deployment of infrastructure for generating and analyzing information.
Preferred qualification/ Nice to have:
- Proficient with necessary analytics tools (e.g., R, Revolution R, Python, Anaconda, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, Power BI, MicroStrategy, and Tableau)
- Strong knowledge of Python and the library ecosystem is preferred
- Demonstrable professional experience with data mining, analysis, modeling, of large scale, complex data sets - Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing (A/B testing), deep learning and optimization algorithms
- Proficiency in at least one high level programming languages such (i.e. C#, Java, etc.)
- Proficiency in statistical modeling tools
- Ability to explain complex analytical methodologies and concepts in non-technical language
- Experience with NoSQL databases and tools (i.e. Hadoop, Hive, Mongo, Cassandra, Spark, etc.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
will be considered as a plus, but not mandatory:
Microsoft Professional Program for Data ScienceOrganizational Impact:
Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations.Supervision Received:
Works under general guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work with latitude for autonomous decision-making related to work process.Supervision Provided:
Supports more junior colleagues on work efforts, with some checking of work.