Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Have technical expertise to guide partners to bring their solution onto the Red Hat OpenShift and Cloud Pak for Data platform.
- Have experience in the continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) model to bring a partner offering into the Cloud Pak for Data CI/CD pipeline to form an integrated development environment.
- Work closely with Partners, Offering Managers, Developers, and the Partner Eco-system to bring partners onboard to the Cloud Pak for Data ecosystem.
- Lead and learn in a collaborative environment to increase the efficiency of the partner onboard process by tracking, identifying, analyzing, and developing plans to fill program gaps.
- Be responsible for communication of key onboard activities to program stakeholders.
- Work with multiple clients and partners concurrently.
- Support special projects based on changing business needs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- A proven track record of driving project timelines to meet program objectives.
- Design and develop onboard documentation.
- Passion for working collaboratively across IBM and IBM’s ecosystem to build a successful program.
- Technical skills that include: OpenShift/Kubernetes & Docker, Operator SDK, Linux with bash & Python, Ansible, Git, Kubernetes Monitoring & Management (Prometheus, ELK), familiar with Jenkins & DevOps, familiar with Cloud/IaaS (IBM, Azure, AWS), familiarity with Relational & NOSQL databases.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly grow expertise in IBM technology areas which are relevant to the business
- Proven hands-on experience building and operating an enterprise grade data analytics platform
- Proven hands-on experience with distributed columnar data stores
- Proven hands-on experience with query engines such as SparkSQL, PrestoDB, et cetera
- Proven hands-on experience with distributed technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Kafka Streams, et cetera
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Kubernetes and/or the Red Hat OpenShift Platform
- familiar with Cloud (AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, et cetera)
- SQL, Python, Go
- Relational, Graph, and Columnar DB design
- ETL/ELT Pipelines
- Open-source usage and involvement
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.