Piper Companies is looking for a Data Engineer for a leading Managed Service Provider.
This position is 100% remote.
US Citizen or Permanent Green Card holders
The Data Engineer will work with Business Analysts and domain experts to provide technical solutions. They will also be responsible for creating the data sets required for reporting and dashboarding for Loan Processing. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The Developer will work with a team to build a New Data Platform on AWS Redshift. The Data Engineer will be responsible for supporting both Oracle Operational Stores and Redshift Data Warehouse.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer:
- Design technical solution for features
- Refine user stories into tasks
- Support data platform migration from Oracle to AWS
- Provide research and analysis on data sources in support of data discovery and requirements elicitation
- Expert level knowledge in building data warehouses
- Experience with AWS and developing lambda functions to support data curation, notification & monitoring programs.(3-4 yrs)
- Knowledge of Python (3-4 yrs experience)
- Expert Level experience on RedShift (3-4 yrs)
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- experience with Database technology, including index strategies, performance tuning and optimization and stored procedures. .
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- 2+ years’ experience in data modeling and database design including both relational and data mart/data warehouse database design, breadth and depth in established and emerging data technologies.
- Able to create standard common business vocabulary, express strategic data requirements, outline high level integrated designs to meet system and application- s strategy and business architecture.
- Able to work and communicate with Solution Architects, System Developers, Data Modelers, DBAs
- 2+ years expertise in the following sectors is required: housing and mortgage finance, Federal credit programs, and government benefit programs
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of both the LGY business (mortgage and loans), OIT operations, and understanding of system development life cycle preferred
Comprehensive Benefits: Medical (Cigna), Dental, Vision and 401K
- Target salary $160k
- US Citizen or Permanent Green Card holders