At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
ET CBS Digital Experience, Data Analyst, GDS, Supervisor Associate
Enterprise Technology provides reliable, secure and resilient technology services and solutions to support over 300,000 EY people. As part of Enterprise Technology, you’ll be at the forefront of enabling innovative technologies including emerging collaboration tools and world-class technology infrastructure.
Our aim is to build an outstanding customer experience with clear investment in innovation, alongside operational excellence that delivers efficient, quality services and solutions. You will work with technologists and business specialists to meet the increasing pace of our business. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
You will help our internal customers navigate the complex world of modern data analytics. We’ll look to you to help our internal customers with a unique business perspective on how Big Data analytics can transform and improve their entire organization – starting with key business issues they face. This is a high growth, high visibility area with plenty of opportunities to enhance your skillset and build your career.
Your key responsibilities
- You’ll spend most of your time working with a wide variety of internal clients to deliver the latest big data technologies and practices to design, build and maintain scalable and robust solutions that unify, enrich and analyse data from multiple sources.
- Work with internal stakeholders to define data product details based on needs
- Work with data engineers to translate basic business problem statements into analysis requirements
- Document systems/analytics solutions to the business, translating complex functionality into business relevant language
- Serve as subject matter expert on data and business process within area of focus
- Lead multiple bodies of work, interacting frequently with stakeholders
- Potentially help manage product backlog and act as a strategic partner
- Analyze existing data stores and interfaces to support current state and future data models
- Work with squads to create physical data designs and business rule implementation
- Partner with enterprise data management and strategy on business glossary implementation and governance and stewardship
- Work with report developers to align dataset design with report design
- Partner with information architecture to provide feedback on conceptual models and review logical and physical data models
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 5-9 Years relevant experience as a Data Analyst.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Technology, Computer Information Systems or a related field
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills
- Experience with a big data platform (Hadoop, Snowflake, AWS, Hive, Teradata, Cognos, etc) required
- Experience working with data in one of the following categories: consumer, retail, supply chain, or digital commerce
- Strong ability to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Strong collaboration skills with a demonstrated ability of working well within a team
- Demonstrated ability to work well with internal and external customers
- A valid driver’s license in the US, willingness and ability to travel to meet client needs
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Working understanding of Agile methodologies and principles
- Basic data visualization skills (Tableau) a plus
- Experience as a product manager (for data products) a plus
- Knowledge of database structure principles
- Good understanding of data integration
What we look for
You have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their data. If you are ready to use your creativity and results-oriented critical thinking to meet complex challenges and develop new strategies for acquiring, analyzing, modeling and storing data this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of vacation plus twelve observed holidays and 10 personal care days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.