Las Vegas, Nevada
Become one of the stars behind The SHOW and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Analyst – Slot Analytics works proactively within the Slot functional areas to identify optimization opportunities. Fosters relationships with business counterparts and becomes a credible partner, who seeks to understand business issues. Collaborates with the team to create cross-property benchmarks, develop insights based on analytic techniques to remediate issues and improve financial and operational performance. Collaborates with operations ensuring the implementation of analytics initiatives. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices, and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops analytics capabilities across aligned functional areas, properties, and other stakeholders
- Makes recommendations for improvements to slot Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure business cases are adequately reflected
- Collaborates with Information Technology and Business Intelligence teams to select adequate database management tools and prioritize data collection needs. Maintains database architecture through ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes.
- Identifies business improvements and presents actionable recommendations to stakeholders via presentations.
- Performs due diligence testing and reporting on databases and dashboards using industry-standard database management and reporting software.
- Develops and enhances the analytics capabilities of the Slot Analytics department by performing data mining and building statistical models; uses forecast and cluster models to solve business problems across functional areas at all MGMRI properties.
- Other job-related duties as requested
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- One (1) year of experience in relevant subject area expertise (e.g., industry or function) with experience in driving business performance through operational insights and analytics.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business Management or a related field.
- Experience in hospitality operations.
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language.
- Experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Experience with SQL, Teradata, Python, PowerBI, Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Advance Analytics Software (SAS) and Excel.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Gaming license/registration as required by jurisdiction(s)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to self‐manage while consistently exercising good judgment, maturity, and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential departmental and corporate information.
- Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment managing multiple projects and personnel simultaneously.
- Must possess ability to prioritize conflicting duties and maintain timeline integrity for projects and tasks.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner.
- Clear understanding of change management. This should include participating in the development or implementation of solutions which require comprehensive shifts in operational practices.
- Ability to anticipate situations, tools needed, and obstacles through critical thinking and review of business performance.
- Ability to gather process information and make recommendations and decisions based on data and findings.
- Ability to produce high quality work products, with consistency, accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to listen effectively, process information, ask appropriate questions for clarification and execute tasks accordingly.
- Must have technical functional knowledge on BI strategy and tools and should be a primary liaison with IM stakeholders.