Job Description :Summary:
The Data Scientist designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse big data sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client solutions and product enhancements. The Data Scientist interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments; develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources; and identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources. This role is integral in interpreting and communicating insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.Position Details:Essential Job Functions20 percent of time collaborate with internal customers to identify trends and opportunities and develop clear business and measurement objectives.
- Create a high-level of business awareness that guides the development of impactful data insights.
- Provide and implement actionable insights for service and product solutions that can increase customer utilization, reduce churn, streamline operations, and improve overall field support.
- Analyze, automate, and evolve program metrics that feed into key review mechanisms such as MBR's and QBR's.
40 percent of time lead the evaluation and integration of disparate, detailed-level data sets into a unified view, and leverage these data sets for the development of models of prospect, and revelations in business terms that tells the customer how to solve business problems with customer dashboards and visualization reports Responsible for jobs that span three domains: statistical/mathematical reasoning, business communication/leadership, and programming.
- Apply various quantitative methods, including regression, multivariate, and graphical methods to analyze and interpret information from complex data sources.
- Perform exploratory data analysis and provide broad business conclusions based on initial appraisal. Determine which conclusions warrant a data science project.
40 percent of time Implement associated big data tools and frameworks required to provide the requested capabilities.
- Analyze data to develop predictive models, Identify data patterns and trends.
- Implement ETL processes while integrating data form different sources.
- Monitor performance and advise on necessary infrastructure changes.
- Define data retention policies.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems and models.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
Incumbent is accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG's core competencies and values.
- Internal to CSG: All levels of leadership in addition to sales, product, and technical team members.
- External to CSG: Direct customer contact at all levels of the customer organization.
- Standard office environment.
- Ability to travel 10% domestically/internationally to support customer engagements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and/or a related field, or the equivalent work experience in data management.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience applying advanced analytics to complex business problems that involve a wide array of data sets and then making recommendations conveying those results, challenges, and overall direction to clients. Deep understanding of MS Power BI platform and how best to leverage the technology to visualize and analyze the necessary information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong technical background with experience building customer and forecasting models with proficiency in SQL
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration, collaboration, negotiation, and leadership skills.
- Strong executive and customer presence who can deliver actionable insights and drive results in a complex and changing business model.
- Experience understanding ecosystems, user behavior, and long-term trends within our industry.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Experienced in or eagerness to learn Azure, AWS, Domo, Python.
- Keyboarding/Writing/Clicking/Working with fingers – >67% of the time
- Sitting – >67% of the time
- Standing/Walking – 1-33% of the time
- Pushing/Pulling – Not Applicable
- Lifting/Carrying – Not Applicable
- Vision – Near/Far – Good near vision required for working on the computer
- Hearing – Position requires ability to hear oral information
- Talking – Position requires oral communication
- Travel – Position requires travel up to 10% of the time
- Hours – Position requires working after hours and/or weekends, as needed, to support certain situations.