The Davy Group is Ireland’s leading provider of wealth management, asset management, capital markets and financial advisory services. You can read more about our growing company here: www.davy.ie
We value our employees as much as our clients and are committed to embracing diversity in all its forms recognising that the breadth of thought, perspective and experience that emerges from a diverse workforce is essential to deliver on our core values.
Performance related bonus awards, generous pension contributions and investment in your further education demonstrate the value we place in developing and rewarding our staff.
Davy. Making a difference that matters.
An opportunity has arisen for a Market Data Analyst to join the Research Operations Team at Davy. The purpose of the role is to assist with data/database maintenance and development and the production of data centric product. This is a diverse role in which you will work closely with other operational staff, research analysts, IS department and Capital Markets in general. The successful candidate should have a high degree of analytical and problem-solving ability and excellent attention to detail.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring, analysing and interpreting market data trends providing detailed analysis and commentary.
- Maintaining and developing research products and systems.
- Maintain integrity of the data through ongoing audits and implementation of process improvements that contribute to same ensuring Quality Assurance (QA) is always met.
- Distribution of estimates and ratings to third-party platforms.
- Assist in the production of data products to the highest standards within strict deadlines.
- Assist with system issues which require immediate action and liaise with other firm members to assist with their resolution.
- Assistance with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as required.
- Deal effectively and courteously with all client requests (both internal and external).
- Ensure documentation and records are maintained to the highest standard.
- Support the wider function through input to, and involvement in, other projects.
- Provide administrative support when required.
- Third level degree qualification.
- Interest in financial markets.
- One years’ experience in broadly similar role.
- Excellent information technology capability, including a high level of competence in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel).
- Strong attention to detail combined with ability to see the big picture.
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, financial systems, including FactSet, Partners, Datastream and Bloomberg a distinct advantage.
- Strong customer/client focus.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple issues and deadlines at once while dealing with changing priorities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A very strong work ethic with proven experience of working in a team environment.