It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Data Engineer – Payor Data Services
We are looking for bright and energetic individuals to be a Data Engineer in our Payor Data Services department. This position involves the programming and analysis of healthcare data with an emphasis on payer data, coding and data analytics.
- Utilize SQL programs to build metadata for various data feeds
- Develop SAS programs (once trained) to integrate and analyze payer data from multiple sources
- Load and synthesize healthcare data from multiple sources
- Review data requirements/design and implement logic to achieve data needs
- Implement and develop data quality control protocols and monitor their impact
- Assist in designing, programming and standardizing processes and reports
- Competency in use of SQL language and scripting to load SQL Server environments
- Familiarity with SAS and a desire to expand SAS programming knowledge is a plus
- Competency in data manipulation and analysis: accessing raw data in varied formats with different methods and analyzing and processing data
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, and possess desire to advance and grow personally and professionally
- Excellent PC and database skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects with varying timelines
- Must have a passion for data and healthcare
- BS, BA, or Masters in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Informatics, or a comparable program with a quantitative emphasis.
- 1+ years of SAS and SQL programming experience, including SAS macros, PROC SQL, and/or Enterprise Guide
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely across all 50 states temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
“Evolent Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all its employees, partners and patients. We currently require all employees who may voluntarily return to our Evolent offices to be vaccinated and invite all employees regardless of vaccination status to remain working from home.
As we continue to evaluate re-opening our offices more fully and begin to have specific roles that will require face to face interaction with our providers and patients in client facilities or homes, all employees must be prepared to meet our vaccine requirements with or without accommodation at that time.”
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.