Who we areWe are part of the team behind Kaufland. de:
Several thousand merchants and millions of products make our multi-channel portal one of the largest marketplaces in Germany. Our work is characterised by a dynamic corporate culture, with a start-up mentality and the opportunities offered by a large corporation in the background. We combine knowledge and many years of experience in e-commerce with flat hierarchies and a highly motivated team. Whether as an intern or an executive: We take every idea seriously, because we want to work together in shaping the future of e-commerce!
We love flexibility ! We offer you the best environment to work in a flexible and focused way: You decide whether you want to work in our office in Cologne // Darmstadt while at the same time having the opportunity to work remotely. We want to offer you the most attractive workplace in e-commerce and a maximum of flexibility for your personal work-life balance.
Day-by-day, our development team of about 190 experts pursues the goal of creating the best-possible customer shopping experience for the Kaufland. de marketplace. We are here to inspire millions of customers, to help them find, purchase and get the things they love. To enrich the lives of our customers, we collaborate in cross-functional teams, in which product owners, product designers, frontend and backend engineers, data scientists and lean managers join forces. Details regarding the challenges of the respective product areas can be found here: https://www.real-digital.de/team/tech/.
Your tasks – this is what awaits you in detail
- As a (Senior) Data Scientist (f/m/d), you drive the further development of our online shop on the basis of all things data: You will help our cross-functional product teams to develop complex data products and add machine learning smartness into existing processes and components.
- You will have access to vast amounts of data such as time series sales data, natural language unstructured product information or customer behavioral data.
- You will be responsible to find the best approaches and solutions to solve business challenges, design data sets and of course build analytical and machine learning models.
- You will have the opportunity to work on a vast array of data science challenges allowing for supervised and unsupervised approaches including for instance improving the shopping experience of our customers, optimizing our marketing or streamlining our logistics.
- You will be able to measure the impact of your solutions in A/B tests and immediately get feedback about the value you provide to our customers and our business.
Your profile – this is what we expect from you
- You are a Czech language native speaker.
- You have a university degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics or the like.
- You have proven experience with artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive analytics, natural language processing, deep learning and/or statistical modelling.
- Ideally, you already have experience in bringing data science and machine learning solutions to production or a comparable track record in academia.
- You have or would like to work in an applied data science environment thinking “end-to-end” over just solving a theoretical problem.
- You have a very high capacity for abstraction, a sound algorithmic understanding and are used to find your way around data sources including a good knowledge of SQL or SQL-like dialects.
- You are proficient in Python and have a good understanding of the data science ecosystem in Python, including standards such as pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow and/or PyTorch.
- You have excellent communication skills, are willing to embrace our company culture and values and enjoy working in an international, english-speaking team.
What we offer
- Work as you feel comfortable! We offer you the best possible flexibility in terms of working hours and location. Create your own work-life!
- A highly-motivated and qualified team from different fields and numerous nations
- A sophisticated product with millions of users and a broadly-based technology stack
- A dynamic environment with a start-up mentality, no superfluous red tape and hierarchy, as well as plenty of courage and trust to break new ground
- Free choice of hardware – we provide you with the development environment of your choice
- Always up-to-date – you receive four days of special leave and a budget of €1,300 per year to attend relevant fairs and conferences
- Top conditions at the Urban Sports Club for fitness, team sports, yoga and more
Why are you the perfect fit for this position? Don't bother with cover letters - we're interested in facts and figures!Your contact person:
real,- Digital Payment & Technology Services GmbH
\*Our company will be renamed in the future for company law reasons.