The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Blend to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them. We ask that our team members be physically located in Central European time or Eastern Standard/Daylight time zones for the purposes of our collaboration hours.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our Product Insights team, focusing on Personalization. We have several roles open across different levels of seniority.
You will be solving complex data problems and delivering the insight that helps to define our understanding of music, audio and our listeners to develop how we personalize at Spotify.
This role works closely with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, user researchers, data engineers, product teams and designers. Your work will impact the way the world experiences music and audio!
What You'll Do:
- Develop research questions and undertake data exploration to understand who our listeners are, how they get value out of Spotify, and where we can develop our product to bring greater value.
- Work closely with the team including data engineering to build lasting solutions to our data modeling
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments.
- Perform exploratory analyses to understand the performance of our machine learning systems.
- Define, evaluate, dashboard and monitor key metrics, understanding root causes of changes.
- Contribute to the development of the Product Insights function and the wider analytics community at Spotify.
- Mentor and coach other data scientists.
Who You Are:
- You will have 5+ years of relevant applied experience with a degree or higher in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, or mathematics or another quantitative discipline.
- Technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as R, Python, or Scala), experience with analytics & visualization tools ( SQL, Tableau, ggplot/matplotlib or equivalent), and experience performing analysis with large datasets.
- You have strong statistical understanding of online testing methodologies and metric development.
- You are an independent thinker, able to work autonomously, capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences.
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and teaching others.
Where You’ll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.