At TD we're guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe, inclusive and supportive work environment to help colleagues feel a sense of belonging, and supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on total well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes … because when colleagues feel their best, they're more likely to do their best.Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.Who We Are
TD is one of the world's leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is a customer obsessed organization, and we are deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
Data as a Service (DaaS) is an enterprise-wide data management improvement initiative that brings business data and technology resources together to maximize customer and colleague benefit.
The Data Engineering Practice is comprised of a group of highly skilled Subject Matter Experts (SME) with the same job/roles, sharing a common domain of expertise and discipline, and are focused on the delivery of specialized work including building data pipelines, supporting data science needs, driving data automation, creating and implementing data & analytics platforms. Roles within the team include Big Data Engineers, ETL Engineers, Database Engineers, Distributed Engineers, Data Modelers and Business Systems Analysts that specialize in data applications. These SMEs, or practitioners, are forward deployed to Enterprise and Segment Product families (such as Personal Banking, Business Banking, TD Insurance, TD Wealth) within the DaaS Platform. This practice is 100% dedicated to DaaS.
We are seeking highly motivated and capable technologists to join our Data as a Services team to work on the forefront of enabling TD's big data strategy with a special focus on ETL/data curation on on-premise Akora and/or on-cloud Azure Platform.
Across multiple large-scale transformation programs and in a data management context, reporting to the curation practice lead, the data engineer will lead team members to develop ETL processes, design and build data stores and transformations on Azure platform, coordinate team member's work into an integrated high quality product.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Design and develop ETL processes based on functional and non-functional requirements in python / pyspark within Azure platform
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Execute and provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews.
- Apply automation and innovation on new and on-going data platforms that aligned to business strategies.
- Understand the full end to end development activities from design to go live for ETL development in Azure platform
- Document component design for developers and for broader communication.
- Understand and adopt an Agile (SCRUM like) software development mindset
- Follow established processes/standards, business technology architecture for development, release management and deployment process
- Design, develop and implement reporting platforms and complex ETL frameworks that meet business requirements.
- Provide data analysis and requirements within enterprise platform.
- Develop, maintain knowledge of data available from upstream sources and data within various platforms.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- Work experience (10 years):
- Azure platform / Big Data technologies
- Data Flow Processes
- SQL Development
- Preferred experience in:
- Ab Initio ETL tool
- Python, Pyspark, Spark, Sqoop, Hive
- Azure platform and tools like Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Synapse
- Working experience with data modeling, relational modeling and dimensional modeling.
- Working knowledge of source code control tool such as GIT
- Implementation experience in managing and working in multiple environments, release and change management and knowledge of firewall, network work protocols, file transfer – TIBCO
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Sound to advanced knowledge of business, standards, infrastructure, architecture and technology from a design/support/ solutions perspective
- Readiness and motivation (as an experienced developer and subject matter expert) to address and resolve complex issues, guide/advise/support clients, partners and project teams, often working on multiple medium-to-large sized projects.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.How We're Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.Accommodation
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you’d like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!