Hobson Prior are looking for a Data Engineer to join a world-wide pharmaceutical company based in Switzerland where you will join them on a contract basis. Our client focuses on providing pioneering medical solutions to improve the quality of people's lives.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- Responsible for defining how to develop the pipeline and his overall quality.
- Help the team in building new and relevant data engineer features for enhancing the pipeline according to the roadmap.
- Plays a mentorship role to ensure the optimal application of best practices, coding conventions over the pipeline and assist data engineer in their duties upon request.
- Helps the team to achieve and surpass product and program goals.
- Provides technical guidance and direction as well as contributing hands-on to pipeline development.
- Acts as an evangelist and guiding practitioner of agile and develops practices.
- Strong knowledge in DevOps, coding conventions and best practices for User Acceptance Test.
- Self-motivated, curious, proactive and accountable.
- Solid communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field; equivalent of the same in working experience may also be accepted.
- Responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and transformations.
- Experience building largescale software systems and implementation of creative solutions to difficult computational problems (with emphasis on performance and near real-time data analytics).
- Senior level data engineering (e.g. ETL) experience.
- Databricks or Spark experience.
- Proficient in Python, R or Scala.
- Experience with AWS / Azure cloud technologies and stack.
- Experience building big data applications and pipelines using Spark.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click Apply and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select Contact me at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.