Advito, BCD Travel's consulting firm, is looking for a Data Scientist. Do you have a passion for data and a deep understanding to store, mine, and create synergies surrounding data? In this newly created role you look beyond what’s on the surface to discover patterns and solutions within the data.
Full time, homebased in the US or Europe
You will architect the data process and strategy for Advito and, specifically, BCD Hotel Solutions. You are a liaison to the Advito Intelligence and Analytics team. You own and maintain all analytical processes and standard operating procedures and work with BCD Hotel Solutions leadership on bringing the data optimization vision to life. The primary responsibility for this role is applying data mining techniques, performing statistical analysis and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
A snapshot of this opportunity
- Architect processes for acquiring, cleaning, integrating and storing data
- Suggest and implement appropriate models or algorithms for data performance
- Apply data science techniques (machine learning, statistical modeling, predictive analytics) to solve for current and future issues
- Design and drive experiments, A/B testing, outlier deep dives and form actionable recommendations. Manage the implementation of those recommendations
- Understand our product offerings and optimize data for industry-leading delivery of intelligence and consulting services
- Share insights and make business recommendations (e.g., cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information
- Contribute knowledge to larger BCD Hotel Solutions initiatives to improve quality, processes and product offerings
- Improve organizational performance through the application of original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes, products and services.
How you can set yourself apart
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics
- Experience articulating business questions and using quantitative techniques to arrive at a solution using available data
- Comfortable working with large data sets, creating data models and algorithms
- Strong data management skills, understanding of data ingestion, ETL, and data storage
- Experience working with data visualization tools (eg: AWS QuickSight, Tableau)
- History of working within AWS cloud infrastructure and its available toolsets
- Exposure to statistical methods and modeling in tools like R or Python as well as data querying languages (e.g. SQL)
- Advanced critical thinking, analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong relationship-building skills and able to communicate complex ideas
- High bandwidth and multi-tasking skills – easily able to handle competing priorities, remain flexible and derive creative solutions under pressure
Advito is the travel industry's most progressive consultancy, enabling procurement leaders to modernize their approach to managing the travel and meetings spend category. Led by a unique team of multi-disciplinary experts and thought leaders, we work with both clients and suppliers to push the boundaries of traditional air and hotel sourcing and strategic meetings management for higher program returns. We provide advisory, procurement and outsourcing services in the area of corporate travel sourcing, expense and meetings management, along with RFP development and management; benchmarking and vendor management services. We minimize our clients' travel spend and maximize their travel program value in a data-rich, consumer empowered world. Headquartered in Chicago, Advito operates in key business markets around the world.
Create your profile and upload your resume/cover letter via our website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions via email@example.com. Note: send your application via the website only.
Stay informed about new career opportunities
Use the 'notify me' button in our careers center to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. On the left-hand side of the screen, you can select filters to see updates on all vacancies that match your interest.
- Note: We’ll give preference to internal and/or furloughed employees.