TriMark USA is one of the country’s largest provider of foodservice equipment and supplies. We proudly serve our customers by providing design services, commercial equipment, and foodservice supplies across a wide range of industries and business sectors. As a company, we strive to lead with our values and to support the success and sustainability of our customers so they can focus on their culinary pursuits. Principles that are important to us are Trusted Partnerships, Customer Success Comes First, a “Whatever it Takes Mentality” and to Deliver Excellence. Our customer is at HEART of everything we do!
Position Summary / Objective
The Data Engineer role reports into the Senior Director of Data Analytics & Operations, delivering data flows, processing pipelines on AWS. The candidate must possess a consistent positive attitude, be an enthusiastic problem-solver, be an effective communicator, and be able to work independently.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Translate data requests from executives into actions, database and report designs, ETL pipelines
- Configure AWS Glue Blueprints to connect Glue to multiple on-prem data sources (ERPs)
- Create AWS Glue (DataBrew) Workflows / transformations for cleansing, normalizing, converting, and calculating of data sets
- Configure automated monitoring and alerting
- Schedule, run, and monitor Glue jobs (Workflow instances) to ensure reliable ingest / conforming / publishing of datasets. Respond to any job failures.
- Maintain and operate AWS Lake Formation (Data Lake), including the Glue Data Catalog
- Transform ETL’d data to enable reliable loading into a Data Warehouse (e.g Redshift, Snowflake)
- Generate reports on data metrics like throughput (along points in the pipelines), accumulated data, dataset quality profiles, etc.
- Participate in Agile SCRUM activities including daily standup calls.
- Deep hands-on experience with AWS services S3, Glue blueprints/workflows/jobs/data catalog, DataBrew, Athena basics, and ideally QuickSight basics
- Previous experience working with data at scale: 100 GB / day, 2.5 TB accumulated
- Previous experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), ideally Cloud Development Kit (CDK)
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Use of many AWS services
- Proactive problem solver, taking measures to prevent / minimize problems before they occur
- Resourceful when presented with a new task or issue; able to quickly locate relevant documentation (esp. For AWS technologies), example solutions, and bring this knowledge to bear on the task/issue
- JIRA usage (ideally Miro)
- Clear and precise verbal and written communicator
- Documentation writing
- Ability to summarize data architectures diagramatically (e.g. PowerPoint, LucidChart, Visio)
Education & Experience
- Previous role(s) as a Data Engineer
- B.Sc. or higher
- Ideally AWS Certification(s
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
- May be asked to perform a drug test for specific positions
- Must be a legal citizen or otherwise permitted to legally work in the US without sponsorship
- TriMark USA participates in the E-Verify program
Employee Benefits Package
- Flexible time off program
- Medical insurance with prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans
- Life insurance programs
- 100% employer paid premium for long- term disability coverage
- Health and dependent care spending accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Tuition reimbursement program following one year of service
- Continuous Training and growth opportunities
TriMark USA is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
To learn more about TriMark USA, please visit our website at https://www.trimarkusa.com/.