At Choco, we’re striving to build a seamlessly connected global food system by 2030. One that enables food to move around the planet transparently, sustainably, and without waste. Today, Choco provides a platform connecting restaurants and suppliers resulting in better communication, simplified logistics, and - here comes the big one - less food waste. If you’re looking for a challenging new opportunity and the chance to make a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Want to learn more about #LifeatChoco? Take a look behind the scenes: bit.ly/3sD7tYKOur tech stack in Data Engineering
We have a cutting-edge environment and use AWS, Firehose, Athena, Airflow. Data engineering is done primarily with Python, SQL, and Spark. Product analytics works with Segment and Amplitude. We create visualizations in Looker.Due to the highly collaborative nature of our business (and the fact that we enjoy spending time together), this is primarily an in-office position.
What You’ll Do
What We’re Looking For
- Becoming one of the main contributors to our data platform, work with data infrastructure, make our product more data-driven, create data instruments around features, supply data pipelines for sophisticated measurements, funnels and metrics to make the squads more aware of product feature usage.
- Work in a data platform team and collaborate with product managers, product analytics and engineers from different squads and help us define what and how to measure, validate events, provide support to building dashboards and putting product analytics in place.
- Independently incept, define, plan and deliver data projects and collaborate with several teams effectively. For our KPIs and business metrics, a big portion of our data is coming from our production databases (DynamoDB).
- Be responsible to help product teams design their data model in DynamoDB and for propagating any changes in production databases to data-lake. You will also work closely with our Product Data Analyst to define data needs and deliver the mentioned data.
- Build the bridge between our product and data platform, impacting core features and the user base of Choco.
You impress us even more if you have
- Solid background in data engineering with a strong interest in the product side and analytics.
- Strong foundation in Python, SQL and a range of data tools. Spark shouldn't be foreign to you.
- Previous experience and building data platforms and infrastructure. You should be very comfortable working with deployment and DataOps independently when needed.
- The ability of taking ownership and independently delivering projects is essential.
- Strong communication skills combined with a product-savvy attitude.
- Good learning ability, open-mindedness and good self-organizational skills will be absolutely key to the success of your work and the business overall.
- Experience with dimensional modeling
What It’s Like To Work At Choco
- Experience at start-ups and already made growing products more data-driven
- Background in business intelligence, ETL and product analytics
- Experience with DynamoDB
Need a better idea of who we are? Take a video tour of our headquarters in Berlin.About Choco
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from active Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - bringing our annual order volume to an estimated $1 billion.
Just a year after our $63.7 million Series A funding round, we secured an additional $100 million in Series B funding. In April of 2022, we gained another $111 million in Series B2 funding with a valuation of $1.2 billion - earning us unicorn status
just a few years in.
We’re backed by leading investors like Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue Management, and Bessemer Venture Partners. In addition, we’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, and more.
--Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.