Our target customers stock spare parts worth $1,000,000,000,000 (yes, $1trn) – 75% of which are rarely or never used. Sparrow aims to change that – we reduce our customers’ overstock and waste (making them more sustainable).
Sparrow offers a SaaS platform that ensures maintenance teams have the right spare parts when and where they need them, at the lowest possible cost. To do that, we leverage big data, AI algorithms and a network approach.
Our products are used by some of the world’s leading companies.
We’re based in Berlin, serving customers across Europe and growing fast.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer (m/f/x) to join our team.
As a Data Engineer at Sparrow, you will use custom and off-the-shelf tools to analyse and improve our customers’ (and Sparrow’s) data.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating tools for data extraction and processing
- Use these (and other) tools to improve data quality
- Managing and optimising product data catalogs
- Developing dashboards and analyses from customer data
- You have 2+ years of experience using SQL on large data sets.
- You have a basic(+) knowledge of scripting.
- You have a good command of spreadsheet software (Excel, Google Sheets).
- You are able to learn how to work with new tools quickly.
- You communicate well in English; German knowledge is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- Professional development through coaching and mentoring
- Diverse tasks: from scripting through Excel wizardry and up to Machine Learning with new challenges around every corner
- Career growth opportunities: when Sparrow grows so do you
- Your work directly impacts the company’s success
- Working with a small and strong team where every voice counts
- Virtual shares on top of a competitive base salary
Values/ mindset/ qualities
- Analytical and data driven – you believe in magic only if it fits in an Excel formula
- Relentless – you stop dancing 2 hours after the party has ended
- Brutally honest – you can’t help but say what you think
- Long term thinker – you appreciate that great things take time to build
- Entrepreneurial mindset – you find opportunities everywhere
How to apply
- Send your CV or LinkedIn profile