Job Description :
IT Data Engineer - Software Delivery
Researches, designs, develops, configures, integrates, tests and maintains existing and new data strategies forbusiness applications and/or information systems solutions. Applications and infrastructure solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business data requirements, SQL coding, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of application data, infrastructure, and information systems including database management systems. Works within the Information Technology function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies. Provides required documentation and participates in architecture reviews to ensure that the solutions comply with standards and use approved technologies. Typical customers are company end users and various functional areas such as Supply Chain, Research and Development, Marketing, Finance, a business, or the company.Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Participates as a member of development teams. Performs analysis of complex functional and business requirements. Prepares data analysis and suggests best practices for others. Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Performs source system data analysis in order to manage source to target data mapping, as well as migration and testing of static data and transactional data from source to target. Performs data migration audit, reconciliation, and exception reporting.
- Takes ownership of design, development and testing of all data extract, transform and load (ETL) activities.
- Workswith project teams to ensure that all ongoing data transformation, de-duplication, extraction and load functions, once ready for production deployment, are documented in detailed data lineage models.
- Works with data owners to verify and obtain approval that any transformed data retains its quality/accuracy.
- Owns the reject and exception handling processes associated with ETL tools
- Works closely with the database administrator to quantify ETL processing impact on Swift/CCM databases and assist in performance tuning.
- Develops best practices, processes, and standards for effectively carrying out data migration and data maintenanceactivities.
- Prepares data migration plans including migration risk, milestones, quality and business sign-off details.
- Manages assigned risks and monitors potential impacts as part of the data migration plan.
- Demonstrates technical leadership, and exerts influence outside of immediate team. Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems. Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. Database Administration).
- Performs solution design. Applies the company and 3rd party technologies and leads design of highly complex infrastructure and software solutions.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and customers. Mentors and consults with team members and other organizations, customer and vendors on complex issues.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
- 5-10 or more years of experience with databases and data - SQL Server experience is a plus.
- Advanced understanding of modern software development methodologies.
- Advanced understanding of Software Test methodologies, and an expert in testing tools.
- Expert in Database Administration.
- Advanced Web technologies.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team. Demonstrated technical leadership skills.
- Effective in problem solving and troubleshooting complex issues.