Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.Your Role:
As a Senior Data Scientist in the AI group, you will be building models with the goal of detecting bad behaviour in the financial sector. We want to ultimately detect and prevent fraud. We have a long road ahead of us and there is a lot of interesting work we have to do to achieve our goals. Our AI group remains grounded with focus and purpose from Global Relay's startup days, while benefiting from being a mature, medium-sized company. We are looking for great people to join our team to build solutions that have an important impact.Your Job:
- Working closely with other data scientists and developers in building and deploying various machine learning models for Global Relay’s customers
- Being a subject matter expert on current natural language processing (NLP) techniques
- Interacting with product managers on enhancements to our core products
- Executing all steps in the data science process from understanding business requirements to deploying models
- Producing reports detailing model performance
Nice to Haves:
- 5+ years of experience with solving machine learning problems
- Experience working with very large data sets in an enterprise-wide application environment
- Python and Bash experience
- Knowledge of common machine learning libraries such as: Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, NLTK, SpaCy
- Understand and appreciate tradeoffs of different methods for NLP
- An understanding of different neural network architectures as applied to NLP such as: Transformers, LSTMs, RNNs and CNNs
- Strong organizational and communication skills
What you can expect:
- MSc or PhD in a STEM or Linguistics subject
- Data collection and cleaning experience
- Data engineering skills
- Machine learning experience in different modalities
- Experience working with explainable and interpretable models
- Experience with:
- Model optimization: pruning, distillation, quantization
- Kubernetes and micro services
- Working in an agile development environment
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.