Work type: Permanent Full time
Reports to: Alex Ji
View Role purpose statement
Enterprise Data Science is a team of passionate, creative and diverse data scientists and engineers that shape the data and analytics landscape at the NAB. We work to lay the foundation for a data driven culture across the enterprise by working closely with our business partners to design, build and guide data applications and enterprise capabilities.
- Join a company that’s invested in you
- Use your passion to support our customer and communities
- Make your impact in a highly engaged team
A career that gives you more
Your career at NAB is about more than money, it's about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper.
Your responsibilities will include
- Utilise statistical techniques and develop machine learning models to deliver actionable insights and solve business problems for our business stakeholders
- Support the development and delivery of an automated data science best practice process for all analytics practitioners
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary squads to support, implement and guide the analytical vision
- Research new tools, techniques and best practises and utilise that knowledge to constantly improve our modelling, ways of working and tooling
- Engage in knowledge sharing and contribute to the growth and success of the team
- Work on real world data science problems that add direct value to our customers and business partners
- Have a large focus on professional and personal development, with support for training, learning and certifications
You will bring
- A bachelors or post graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or other analytical fields of study
- Experience in developing analytical solutions such as machine learning models and statistical insights in a business environment
- Comfortable working with and manipulating structured and unstructured data to extract actionable insights and develop model features
- Experience with presenting insights and new learnings to peers and stakeholders
- Developing in SQL and one of R, Python or Scala
- Comfortable with version control (git/github)
- Familiarity with visualisation tools such as Superset, PowerBI or Tableau
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS (preferred), Azure or GCP
- Bonus points if you have experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Hive, EMR
However, we don’t just look for someone with technical skills and expertise, we value a cultural fit and we value diversity in the team in the pursuit of excellence.
- The ability to communicate technical concepts and insights both technical and non-technical peers
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team including data scientists, data engineers and product owners
- Comfortable with agile ways of working
- Good relationship skills and have an ability to empathise with others.
- Focused on high quality deliverables and speed
NAB, invested in you
We are committed to gender equality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
We support our colleagues to be their best by offering a wide range of educational, financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s explore who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
- Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.