Southern California-based Karma is more than just a car company. Although we are best known as a creator of soul-stirring luxury electric vehicles, Karma has emerged as a high-tech incubator offering innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging technologies. Every Revero is designed at our Headquarters in Irvine and created with great individual care and world-class craftsmanship at the Karma Innovation and Customization Center in Moreno Valley, CA.
The Data Scientist, reporting to the Manager, Data Sciences and Innovation, is responsible for data collection,
analyze, extract, normalize, and label relevant data from multiple sources to provide interpretation and
Visualizations reports around key data-driven projects.
- Design and build new data set processes for modeling, data mining, and production purposes.
- Determine new ways to improve data and search quality, and predictive capabilities.
- Perform and interpret data studies and product experiments concerning new data sources or new uses for
existing data sources.
- Develop prototypes, proof of concepts, algorithms, predictive models, and custom analysis.
- Create visualizations and reports to show insights obtained from data mining efforts.
- Interact with multiple internal and external sources in support of ongoing and proof of concept projects.
- Ensure timely, accurate and credible information is provided and interpreted and distilled into action
driven information for diverse audiences.
- Attend trade shows, conferences and learning opportunity to familiarize with the industry-leading trends
in data sciences and predictive analytics to help drive Karma’s Data sciences and technology department
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational
Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in data preparation, model creation and feature tuning.
- Familiar with AWS Cloud based tool set for data storage, ETL, model
creation and code repository.
- Advanced ability to code in Python and SQL and related libraries.
- Vehicle and automotive industry knowledge preferred but is not required.
- Experience in implementing data sets into BI and Visualizations (PowerBi)
would be preferred but is not required.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organized. Willing to do whatever is required
to get the job done.
- Comfortable with working in a small team in daily activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses a strong work ethic and high level of professionalism.
- Passionate about luxury, technology and innovation
- Experience working with SAP applications Fiori, C4C, and Hybris is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, and relevant system software.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management
Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable
NO 3rd Parties, Principals Only, Please
Join Karma as we transform transportation and mobility with innovative team work.
Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions. Relocation assistance may be available.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. Valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.