The Data Analyst will build queries, reports, and dashboards to support reporting and analytical needs. The Data Analyst works with Data Warehouse Lead to provide necessary information leveraging AutoNation’s AWS Data Lake and Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse. The Data Analyst also works to identify issues with operational data as well as investigate data issues with the Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse. The position will work collaboratively with a team of data engineers and data architects to support the development of data pipelines, data marts and reports. We are seeking a talented individual with experience working in a matrix IT organization to deliver enterprise class software projects in a fast-paced environment.
- IT Leadership: Director and Sr. Director positions in IT organization
- IT Teams: BI, QA, Security, DevOps, DBA, Architecture, Infrastructure, PMO
- Product owners
- Product stakeholders
- Scrum team members: Developers, QA testers, Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Project Manager
- Gathers and analyzes data to support reporting and ad hoc analysis needs
- Participates in reporting requirements sessions led by the Business Analyst
- Designs and develops new reports, dashboards, and visualizations
- Performs data validations to ensure the quality of the data in the Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse
- Supports continuous improvement of data quality and accuracy by conducting deep analysis on available data and provide direction on findings to team members
- Conducts ad hoc analysis and triaging to help project creation, exploration, and progression
- Contributes to the development of project plans, identifies key deliverables, and raises project issues
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years of experience developing in SQL
- Familiar with of Data Warehouse architecture and design and ETL processes
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server or Oracle
- Experience with cloud-based (AWS and Azure) database systems and environments a plus
- Must meet company’s requirements for employment
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
- Work with computers and other common office equipment
- Work location is in a corporate office environment with no special physical requirements beyond what is normally expected in a typical modern corporate office
AutoNation, a provider of personalized transportation services, is driven by innovation and transformation. As one of America's most admired companies, AutoNation delivers a peerless Customer experience recognized by data-driven consumer insight leaders, Reputation and J.D. Power. Through its bold leadership and brand affinity, the AutoNation Brand is synonymous with DRVPNK and What Drives You, Drives Us. AutoNation has a singular focus on personalized transportation services that are easy, transparent, and Customer-centric.
Click here to learn more about our Benefits.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.