Aircall is a place where voices are valued.
Backed by over $220 million of investment since 2015, we create technology that fuels accessible, transparent and collaborative communication to empower our base of 12,000+ customers (and growing) to make authentic, human connections.
Conversation is a cornerstone of our culture. Wherever our people find themselves in the Aircall world – Paris, New York, Sydney, Madrid, London, Berlin, Tel Aviv, Singapore or at home – everyone has a voice that is valued.
Whatever your background, wherever you’re from – we want you to join the conversation. Let’s talk.
The central data team is an organization-enabler aiming at systematizing data-driven decisions within Aircall. It plays a key role in impacting product development, business growth and customer understanding by delivering data products, tools and actionable insights.
At Aircall, we don’t believe in data engineers that create pipelines! We believe in data engineers that own the technological data platform, that abstract complexity for data analysts, that optimize our storage, compute and workflow reliability. In this position, you will take the lead of the data engineering stream to operationalize our best-in-class cloud based stack on which millions of rows are processed, tens of analysts are working and hundreds of employees are interacting with every day.
Your mission @Aircall:
- Manage, lead, and develop a growing team of data engineers.
- You will assure the scale of the team with new hirings.
- Identify and deploy technologies to improve productivity, reliability or scalability of Aircall data processing for many use cases.
- Write maintainable, performant code following security and privacy good practices.
- Improve, manage, and teach standards for code maintainability and performance.
- Improve the data team deployment process to make it as seamless as possible.
- Enhance our data lineage, monitoring and alerting to prevent outages and incidents.
- Understand the data engineering trends, regularly meet with other teams (SRE, tech, security) and build roadmaps designed for short and long term impact
A little more about you:
- 4+ years of experience in a data engineering position.
- Proficient in SQL and Python, eager to work with Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes or Kinesis.
- Deep understanding of data engineering subject areas: CI/CD, scheduling with dbt/Airflow, monitoring and alerting, AWS services for data processing, dockerization, data lakes and warehouses (Kimball)…
- Ability to generate data flow architecture recommendations and experience in deploying technology and frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in providing mentorship and driving technology appropriation to other team members.
- Strong understanding on security and privacy challenges related to data storage and processing in cloud based data intensive environments
- Fluent in English
- This role is remote-friendly
Aircall is constantly moving forward. We’re building new roads to complete our journey, and we’re taking people with us who have the same builder mentality.
Let’s grow together: Aircall is a place for those who dare to be bold and seek responsibility, excellence, and the opportunity to push themselves to new heights.
We’re creating a place where great people trust one another and thrive together.
People flourish at Aircall and now is the time to be part of the team and the journey we’re on.
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join Aircall in terms of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 45+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
💶 Competitive salary package & benefits
At Aircall, we believe diversity, equity and inclusion – irrespective of origins, identity, background and orientations – are core to our journey.
We pride ourselves on promoting active inclusion within our business to foster a strong sense of belonging for all. We’re working to create a place filled with diverse people who can enrich and learn from one another. We’re committed to ensuring that everyone not only has a seat at the table but is valued and respected at it by providing equal opportunities to develop and thrive.
We will constantly challenge ourselves to make sure that we live up to our ambitions around diversity, equity and inclusion, and keep this conversation open. Above all else, we understand and acknowledge that we have work to do and much to learn.