This Lead Data Scientist role will be ideal for someone that knows the needs and pain points of doing data science at scale and can develop novel ways to solve problems in the marketing/e-commerce space. This role will require someone that collaborates with product owners, business partners, and other data scientists to describe the art of the possible of data science, help determine technical problem statements, and develop efficient and accurate analytical models that mimic business decisions. In this lead role they will foster others to accomplish projects by setting clear direction and will also be responsible for providing training and mentorship to other data scientists on new tools, technologies, and techniques.
- Build strong partnerships to ensure continued focus on doing the right work; inspire self and others to “think big” by always considering the enterprise-wide context
- Lead major/complex projects, involving delegation of work and review of work products
- Clarify and summarize ambiguous and complex situations in a way that leads to action
- Credibility and confidence to propose novel solutions to senior leaders
- Provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Accurately specifies the customer’s requirements and guides projects accordingly
- Leverage the full range of Digital and Technology capabilities and technology to generate high-value solutions; brings to the table a breadth of expertise outside of their core Digital and Technology specialty
- Orchestrate value-added solutions by integrating subject matter expertise across Digital and Technology
- Shape external industry practices through knowledge sharing with vendors and peers; take action to bring missing but needed expertise into Digital and Technology by monitoring technology and industry trends
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3-5 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience
- Several years of hands-on Data Sciences, including deployed models and understanding of end-to-end data science workflows
- Wide-ranging experience using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Network with key contacts outside own area of expertise
- Hold self and others accountable for getting the job done with excellence
- Model and insist on a multi-perspective approach in all projects and customer interactions
- Experience with Big Data technologies — Hadoop, Spark, H20.ai, Cloud AI platforms, containerization
- Experience with supporting deployment, monitoring, maintenance and enhancement of models
- Experience with data visualization tools — Tableau, R Shiny, Plotly, etc.
- Experience in digital marketing environment e.g. ad servers, web analytics, bid management
- Familiarity with digital marketing principles e.g. funnel optimization, landing page optimization
- Experience working in business to consumer marketing and e-commerce
- Relocation support will not be offered to applicants within the United States.
- International relocation or international remote working arrangements (outside of the US) will not be considered.
- The preferred location for this role is Minneapolis, MN however remote work-at-home applications within the United States will be considered.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.