Job Title: Data Engineer
Therapy Management Corporation (TMC) strives to be the preferred therapy provider and employer in all communities we serve. We make a positive difference by delivering compassionate, superior care to all. Our passionate commitment to service excellence creates loyal customers and cultivates the best working environment for our TMC family. Our success is built on unwavering integrity, ethics, and an environment of innovation.
The Data Integrity (DI) team is responsible for building and maintaining data stores and pipelines that efficiently serve our clients, reporting, and our EMR systems, JBS and Ignite. As a Data Engineer on the DI team, you are expected to support our software developers, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimum data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects:
- Understand the products: Build understanding of our customers’ needs and have a thorough understanding of the technology framework and processes that are in place.
- Understand Data Structure: Create and maintain knowledge about the schemas and architecture of our data access platforms.
- Build the Interfaces: Ensure that we deliver rock-solid software to our clients by creating and maintaining data endpoints that meet the business needs.
- Support the Client: Support our internal and external clients on an as-needed basis to maintain data availability and integrity.
- Create and maintain data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large and complex data sets that meet functional and other requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into client operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across regional boundaries through multiple data centers and Azure regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Contribute to our internal collaborative documentation and customer-facing documentation.
- Mentor other data and software engineers and provide direction and examples to the team.
- Assist in training and onboarding of new developers and team members as required.
- Directly support internal and external clients as needed.
- Stay current with software industry trends, tools, technologies, and best practices, and incorporate them into your work.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases.
- Experience working with data manipulation and extraction from MongoDB, CosmosDB, and other NoSQL databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Can-do attitude with a demonstrated ability to get things done under minimal supervision.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and process- and improvement-minded.
- Specific Technology Experience Including:
- Experience with Azure big data tools: Data Lake, Delta Lake, Databricks, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including SQL Server, MongoDB, and/or CosmosDB
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Databricks, Azure Data Factory, etc.
- Experience with Azure cloud services: App Services, Storage, Queues, Managed SQL, Data Warehouse
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, C# etc.
The culture at TMC embraces those that demonstrate a deep passion for solving the problems of healthcare with enthusiasm for building positive working relationships and winning as a team. Creating a strong workplace culture has been one of our staples, which we believe encourages and inspires employees to do their best. We also embrace an “All In” mindset and give back to our communities through personal and company initiatives. Individuals in this role should embrace a mindset of continuous improvement and be prepared to have some fun along the way!
TMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer