A Day in the Life
- Architect, manage and own our enterprise data products and data warehouse
- Collaborate with data product managers, data architects, data engineers, data analysts and stakeholders to design, implement, and deliver successful data solutions
- Oversee technical strategy and architecture across data integration, data lake, data warehousing and data access layers
- Lead metadata management implementation efforts that enable how data will be used for business reporting and analytics
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scalding, Scio, Storm, Spark and the Amazon Web Services platform.
- Help define technical requirements and implementation details for the underlying Snowflake data warehouse and data marts
- Provide a single source of truth for company-level data and enforce data governance, change management, and access policies to protect the integrity of the data
- Develop and optimize performant database, data model, integration and ETL in Big Data environments
- Document and maintain data changes to support data quality and data governance and ensure we stay within compliance of our internal policies
- Build a cohesive data team with the skillsets and experience to support our EWC data initiatives and manage alignment and interactions with senior leadership
- Monitor and review the current trends and advancements in solutions or technologies and how they might be applied at EWC
- Ensure that we meet our internal policies around data privacy and confidentiality
- Ensure high operational efficiency and quality of your solutions to meet SLAs and business requirements
- Create best practice coding/development standards for your team and help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
What Sets You Apart
- Chuckle at the idea of 500 million records being large.
- Humble, curious, and collaborative define your personality
- You enjoy having a strategic impact at an executive level while also getting your hands dirty
- You have managed data engineering teams for 5+ years across both backend systems/infrastructure and user facing products
- Experience with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, BigTable, and Cassandra, or other large data stores such as Postgres, MySQL, and Amazon Redshift.
- Experience creating data orchestration with Airflow.
- Experience working with dbt and docker.
- Knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques and create effective frameworks to aid discussion of complicated topics.
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills and can articulate with both technical and business partners.
- You are passionate about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- Have an ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams
Education and Experience
- 8+ years’ experience of data engineering experience developing large data systems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar field.
European Wax Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of EWC and operating subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job.