When you work at Allianz, you're part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. We value diverse thinking, so your ideas and innovative mindset will be warmly welcomed. You'll experience a friendly environment working with talented people, where you'll be included and have your capabilities recognised. And you'll be supported to reach your full potential and enjoy an enriching career.
Data Scientist, Data Analytics – Technical | NSW – Sydney
- Opportunity to develop and embed AI across various lines of General Insurance
- Responsible for machine learning model and framework development
- Work closely with senior data scientists and actuaries to improve processes in the division
Do you want to work in a high-trust culture where you'll feel empowered to make decisions that result in impact?
Our Technical Division is responsible for pricing, portfolio management and underwriting services. We support our distribution and other key stakeholder functions through improvement of the product and pricing framework for all of the Allianz General Insurance portfolios.
You will be the Data Scientist to establish advanced analytics using AI/ML techniques and drive the embedment within the Technical Division. This role will provide strong data science expertise, and support development of AI solutions to enhance pricing models and processes in order to achieve technical excellent.You'll be responsible for:
Important to your success:
- Support deployment of AI/ML initiatives across various pricing teams, including the development, testing, and initial production run.
- Work closely with other data scientists and actuaries to develop AI solutions to improve pricing capabilities.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and involve in projects to enhance existing platform, data and model.
- Share knowledge of advanced analytics techniques and best practice framework with the business.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- A sound foundation of experience in Data Science, with deep knowledge in AI/ML and strong Python programming skills.
- Experience with various type of AI models, willing to be very hands on to develop and implement AI solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex modelling and analytical results.
- Be innovative and have the ability to solve complex problems and revamp models if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of communicating with clarity, impact and influence.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively, organise tasks and manage competing resources and demands.
- Proven analytical and critical thinking capability to interpret a range of data, identify patterns, trends and links that inform judgements and solutions and report accordingly.
What's on offer?
- Access on-demand lifelong learning and take control of your career development.
- Learn through being supported and encouraged to take on new challenges that will help you to develop new skills
- Be part of a team that's open-minded, supportive, approachable and genuinely focused on customer outcomes
- We understand about work-life balance, we are always willing to discuss flexible & remote working options with our employees.
- Access a range of benefits, such as discounts at retailers, travel firms, health insurers, gyms and financial institutions, alongside a significant discount on Allianz insurance products.
Allianz is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
Allianz is committed to enabling a culture where inclusion is embedded, everyone belongs and new ideas are embraced. We welcome and value talent from all backgrounds, experiences and ways of working Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role.
Let's care for tomorrow. For a career with plenty of room to grow. Care to join us? www.allianz.com.au/careers