Data Engineer, BI & Analytics
Our passion at Lundbeck’s is to restore brain health so every person can be their best. By developing innovative treatments, we improve the lives of people and to better do so, we are expanding our capabilities within Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics. If you have great programming and problem-solving skills along with a love for data, we would love to meet you.
About the team
As our new Data Engineer, you will join the growing Business Intelligence & Advanced Analytics (BI&AA) team. The team currently consists of 7 passionate people and is anchored in the Digital Delivery unit (a part of Corporate IT) focusing on bringing digital solutions and data to our more than 5500 colleagues around the world.
The BI&AA team is responsible for products and services related to Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, and Advanced Analytics, ranging from traditional BI to data ingestion, data storage, and data preparation enabling our colleagues performing analytics. We support Lundbeck’s full value chain – from early research, to development, production, sales and supporting functions.
About the role
We are looking for a capable Data Engineer with experience in Cloud to expand our capabilities within data engineering and Big Data. As our new Data Engineer, your primary role will be to:
- Engage and collaborate with our line of business to gather and address technical and design requirements
- Identify, design and document data architectures using modern technologies to optimize data delivery according to business requirements
- Assist in building the platform design required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data
- Build, document and use robust and scalable code for setting up data pipelines and data models
- Improve existing processes and data quality with the use of automated testing
- Ensure data are kept separated and secure according to local regulations and across national borders
- You will be working in different structures, from agile teams, to classical projects and as an advisor to bigger programmes.
You will refer to the Head of Digital Delivery.
The position is based at Lundbeck’s headquarters in Valby, Copenhagen.
We expect that you have 3-5 years of experience of relevant work experience. This includes:
- Experience with Python, and Scala/Java
- Experience with Big Data Technologies for batch and streaming such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka etc.
- Experience with Public Cloud Technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with developing and storing data in relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good visualization skills
- Working knowledge of bash scripting
- Knowledge of data architecture for Data-Lakes, Data-Hubs and Data Warehousing
- Experience with SAP is considered an advantage, but not a pre-requisite
- Excellent analytical and teamwork skills including a humorous and easy-going nature
Finally, you hold minimum a Bachelor’s degree in relevant areas such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or similar.
For further information
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Head of Digital Delivery, Stine Foged Jacobsen on email@example.com.
If you are the Data Engineer we are looking for, please click on the link below to apply for the job. The application deadline is 31.01.2021, but please observe that screening will be done on an ad hoc basis, so do not hesitate to apply.