LMI is seeking a Data Engineer to provide technical programming, analysis, and integration of LMI’s corporate business and finance systems. The company headquarters is located in Tyson's Corner, VA, but this position can be fully remote.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
- Manage the relationships between finance systems and the dependencies within each application as well as the integrations with LMI systems outside of the Deltek suite of products.
- Develop and manage system integrations across all corporate systems
- Develop extensibility programming within the Costpoint software platform
- Provide technical support to system users and functional subject matter experts; contribute to developing and leading subject matter expert teams across various business units and matrixed service lines
- Provide backup administration support for Deltek Costpoint 8, Time & Expense 10, and Cognos 11 Business Intelligence to include application updates and backups
- Provide guidance to IT project managers on levels of effort, as well as recommendations for adherence to requirem.ents, project plans, timelines, and deliverables.
- Conduct technical demonstrations for employees to help influence adoption and use of Costpoint and other Deltek products.
- Assist (as necessary) in gathering and documenting user and process requirements.
- Support the execution of training scripts and training plans.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Information Technology preferred. Degree can be substituted with equivalent professional experience.
- 5 - 8 years creating and supporting data integrations using Web services with ERP and other corporate business systems
- 5 - 8 years working with Microsoft SQL, writing custom code to support business processes, data management, and reporting.
- 5 years programming experience in Java, C#, Oracle, or similar language
- Experience with programming Web Services technologies - REST, SOAP, Java, and Costpoint Integration Console
- Experience with database programming - SQL Server scripting preferred and developing triggers, stored procedures, indexes, functions, tables, views, linked servers, scripts, and queries.
- Experience with database design– ERD, working/temp tables, tablespaces, partitions, indexes, dynamic object sizing, statistics.
- Experience with systems/data integration software and products – Streamsets preferred
- Experience with working on project teams to implement software upgrades, process improvements, and software implementations
- Understanding of the underlying Costpoint and T&E databases
- Experience with data warehousing - Kimball method preferred
- Experience with Agile Scrum development methods and software such as Jira.
- Good communication skills, specifically: listening to customer needs, restating those needs, and documenting your work
- Strong time management skills and ability to coordinate and prioritize tasks with little supervision.
- Able to adapt to changing work efforts, manage impact of shifting priorities, and resolve technical emergencies as they may occur.
- Creating and supporting data integrations with Deltek systems
- Experience using and administering Deltek products such as Costpoint 7.1/8, T&E 9/10
- Experience with the following systems: Streamsets, Databasics, iCIMS, ServiceNow, Tableau, and Jira
- Familiar with standard accounting concepts and methods
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal Government clearance.