When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide! Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Enable Student Success by Unifying Data for Educators
Schoolzilla is a Renaissance product group living our mission to students’ lives at scale by
enabling people to use data to run great schools. Teachers and school leaders need lots of data to make good decisions for their students, but most of them can’t get the data they need in any kind of useful format. Schoolzilla's team of engineers, data visualizers, educators with lived experience, and K-12 knowledge holders have done just that. We've made data easy to find, understand, and act on for school districts everywhere.
Every day we live our founding values: Driven by Mission, Better Together, Teammates
Matter, Equity At The Center, and Intellectual Humilarity (humility + hilarity).
How You Can Help
Schoolzilla’s Engineering team is responsible for empowering school systems across the
country to take action based on data by delivering timely, accurate, and useful data. As a
member of this team, you’ll be driving product innovation. You’ll collaborate with product
managers, designers, and your teammates to take ideas from concept to reality, utilizing
your full range of technical skills and a healthy dose of user empathy.
What You’ll Do:
- Craft fault-tolerant data pipelines and distributed systems to support millions of students
and continue scaling
- Partner with your peer engineers and product owners on getting new features and
products to market
- Evolve data interactions with proprietary data systems, allowing us to bring new
customers onboard easily and cost-effectively
- Develop and improve internal services, scripts, and tools that will be utilized throughout
- Ensure that timely, accurate data and metrics are delivered consistently
For this role you must have:
- Advanced level SQL coding abilities
- Significant professional experience in ETL / ELT using cloud-based databases at scale,
such as Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, BigQuery, Redshift, and/or Snowflake
- Experience designing, coding, and supporting enterprise-scale ETL / ELT pipelines that
balance efficiency and intuitive usage
- Experience architecting data warehouses and data lakes that are organized, performant,
and easy to use
- Demonstrated fluency in one or more major programming languages, such as Python
- Mission-Driven: You feel a deep sense of ownership for your work, and a relentless
desire to deliver better results. You are passionate about solving problems for our users.
- A Lifelong Learner: You love learning new things. You're curious and ask good
questions. You solicit feedback from others, accept it with grace, and act on it.
- Flexible: Comfort with technical ambiguity and welcoming of rapid iteration
Bonus Points For:
- Understanding K-12 education data
- Experience with the tools we use, like AWS (including Glue and Lambda), Apache
Airflow, Data Build Tool (DBT), Snowflake, and Docker - plus experience with tools we
don’t use, but should, and the wisdom to know when to recommend them
- Enthusiasm for working in a remote or geographically distributed Agile software
development organization using DevOps practices.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range - $106,300 –$159,400 - This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401K with generous matching
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays and Vacation Time Off
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
Renaissance is committed to maintaining a safe and healthful environment for our employees and customers. To uphold this commitment, Renaissance requires all employees to receive a full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, unless an individual has been granted an exemption as an accommodation due to a disability or for religious reasons.
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work and our products.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition.