Business Analytics has been identified as a strategic enabler to Keppel Logistics’ growth strategy and key pillar of our digital transformation. As a Principal Data Engineer, you will be one of the leading members of our Group’s Digital Transformation team that focuses on Digitalizing our Transportation and Logistics business, turning data into insights and actions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and SMEs to understand problem statements, business requirements, structure, synthesize discussions & ideas into proper business visualization before then deriving Business Analytical solutions through AI/ML based algorithms
- Work closely with like-minded individuals like the Applications owners/Product Managers in enhancing data collection procedures
- Design, build, support and optimize new and existing data models and ETL processes.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements for Today and Future.
- Define the Data Dictionary/Catalog and own all data processes and data quality issues.
- Work closely with the other Project team members to setup Solution architectural ( Software) design, infrastructure requirements including build data pipelines to integrate with data lakes
- Ability to perform exploratory data analysis using Excel, Microsoft Power BI, SAS, R, Python etc.
- Apply statistical concepts and ML Algorithms to research, decipher data to provide actionable insights
- Support in areas of software development and software Integration
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Degree in Computer Science, knowledge Engineering Electrical/Computer Engineering, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Business Analytics, Operations Research, Mathematics/Statistics, or related technical disciplines.
- Preferably with at least 5-7 years of relevant experience with a proven track record in Software Development & Integration and also applying data analytics to business
- Strong data modeling, system/schema design, SQL and ETL implementation skills
- Proficient in data science language like Python, R and SQL
- statistics knowledge with in depth ML Algorithms and Open source Libraries
- Hands-on experience of integrating open-source big data technologies like Hive, Spark etc. into traditional systems.
- Hands-on experience with Oracle, MySQL and NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of building a scalable system
- Project management skills and commitment to performance improvement
- Self-motivated and driven learner who is willing to share knowledge with the team
- Strong communication skills, visualization and ability to collaborate with a diversified team are required
Keppel Telecommunications & Transportation