Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Senior Data Scientist applies strong expertise in artificial intelligence through use of machine learning, data mining, and information retrieval to design, prototype and build next generation advanced analytics engines and services. The data scientist collaborates with business partners to define the technical problem statement and hypothesis to test; develops efficient and accurate analytical models that mimic business decisions and incorporates them into analytical data products or tools with the support of a cross-functional team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with business partners to develop novel ways to meet objectives utilizing cutting edge techniques and tools
- Effectively communicate the analytics approach and how it will meet and address objectives to business partners
- Advocate and educate on the value of data driven decision making focusing on the “how and why” of solving problems
- Lead analytic approaches, integrating work into applications and tools with data engineers, business leads, analysts and developers
- Create repeatable, interpretable, dynamic and scalable models that are seamlessly incorporated into analytic data products
- Engineer features by using their business acumen to find new ways to combine disparate internal and external data sources
- Share their passion for Data Science with broader enterprise community; identify and develop long-term processes, frameworks, tools, methods and standards
- Collaborate and learn with a growing team of experienced Data Scientists
- Stay connected with external sources of ideas through conferences and community engagements
Required Minimum Education:
- Preferred- Masters / PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics
- Required- 4+ years of experience working in data science role; 5+ years of experience working in data engineering, analyst, or architecture role
- Preferred- 5+ years of experience working in data science role
- SQL (writing complex queries)
- Merge and transform datasets
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Big Data technologies (e.g., Spark, H20.ai)
- Model deployment and maintenance
- Experience with BI tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI) preferred
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- General office environment.
- Remote - Rarely required to report to a work location In-person collaboration maybe required when necessary. Associates may live anywhere but recommend in the footprint when possible.
Bon Secours Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.