CVS Health’s mission is to improve lives by making innovative and high-quality health and pharmacy services safe, affordable, and easy to access. Our team embodies this mission each day, pioneering bold new approaches to total health. We leverage large health and retail datasets & advanced data science techniques to drive the company’s pharmacy operations strategy; some examples over the past year include rolling out COVID-19 vaccines across the country as the lead retail provider in the nation, improving the pharmacy experience for millions of patients, and optimizing activities for thousands of medical providers. We are seeking talented & passionate individuals to be part of this high-impact team.
Why CVS Health Analytics & Behavior Change?
Looking for opportunities to use cutting-edge technologies to analyze petabytes of data? Interested in generating analytical insights to optimize retail and community pharmacy care? The Analytics & Behavior Change team is an elite, rapidly growing community of nearly 1,000 MDs, PhDs, MBAs, and MScs from top-tier universities and industries who bring their clinical, technical, and economic experience to bear in tackling some of today’s most critical healthcare questions.
Get in at the ground floor of our digital transformation. The combined data assets of CVS Health are massive and largely untapped. Help us revolutionize healthcare by innovating solutions to high-visibility challenges with unparalleled access to unique datasets.
What you’ll do
The Retail Operations & Immunization Analytics team provides analytics based strategic recommendations on all initiatives in the pharmacy. Over the past year, this has included rolling out nationwide COVID-19 vaccines, testing, & medications at scale while maximizing health equity, provider safety, and public health priorities. We continue to stand up a robust analytics engine to optimize these ongoing initiatives and provide executive reports for internal leadership & government leaders. Upcoming activities include rolling out critical initiatives to optimize immunizations and pharmacy product delivery, building a comprehensive analytics platform across all CVS pharmacies & providers, and improving store service levels for our customers.
The team wields cutting-edge analytics and data science techniques to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our immunization and retail store operations. If you are a hands-on doer who enjoys an entrepreneurial working environment, join us as a Lead Scientist. In this role, you will help manage and execute a portfolio of predictive modeling, forecasting, optimization, and evaluation projects.
You will serve as an internal expert to business teams within our Retail Health business, to help them harness the power of data to answer mission critical problems and develop new and innovative products. You will report directly to the Lead Director of Operations & Immunization Analytics, while working together with a team of Data Scientists, BI developers, and analytics consultants. There is an option to be fully remote.
In any given day, you will
- Apply experience from strategy consulting and data science to successfully act as the owner for multiple analytics initiatives
- Collaborate with business partners to understand key drivers of value, as well as challenges and goals for new products.
- Identify opportunities to translate business needs into data science solutions and develop actionable insights
- Determine analytical approaches, modeling techniques and performance metrics to optimize and evaluate new programs - previous projects have applied a diverse set of solutions using retrospective or prospective data analysis, including classification and targeting approaches, causal inference methods, NLP and machine learning models.
- Wrangle large structured and unstructured datasets from disparate enterprise databases, including prescription drug claims, Electronic Health Records, retail transaction data and publicly available sources.
- Own and manage stakeholder relationships across the business
- Establish workplans, timelines, and deliverables for analytics and data science projects, and effectively weigh business and technical tradeoffs
- Mentor a team of junior analysts and data scientists
- Present modeling results and recommendations to senior stakeholders, tying progress to enterprise goals
- Share insights across teams to inform collaborative efforts
COVID RequirementsCOVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
- 5+ years of experience leading analyses and data-driven initiatives with a demonstrated track record of business impact
- 8+ years total experience
- 4+ years’ experience extracting data using SQL or Spark
- 4+ years’ experience conducting data analysis using R or Python
- Data visualization & storytelling experience (e.g. with tools such as Tableau)
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience using advanced analytics tools to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources in a big data environment (such as ADL, Snowflake, DataRobot)
- Healthcare sector experience preferred
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
- Proficiency in using causal inference, applied statistics, machine learning and predictive modeling methods
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field, such as statistics, economics, data science or computer science.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field or MBA with a quantitative focus strongly preferred
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.