SomaDetect is a high-growth technology startup in the dairy industry that is looking to expand its development team. We have a diverse team that strives to develop fiercely innovative solutions, with a focus on quality to create products that put farmers first. SomaDetect is now a fully remote company, with team clusters in Buffalo, NY, and across Canada (southern Ontario, Ottawa, Fredericton, and Halifax). This is a remote position.
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will join our existing team and participate in the development of predictive models that leverage massive amounts of “image” data. The Data Scientist will collaborate with a team of multidisciplinary engineers and researchers to tackle challenges related to the analysis/modeling of dairy data. This role will require someone that is well versed in the fundamentals of computer vision and machine learning. The ideal candidate will also have the experience and problem-solving abilities necessary to extract insights and discover patterns within messy, real-world data sets.
This role focuses on work in real-time with multiple sensor data, data acquisition, analysis, and modeling for building smart solutions for the dairy industry. This role utilizes deep learning on a fast GPU machine to facilitate the prediction and estimation operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop deep learning models for computer vision problems (image classification).
- Responsible for enhancing the image data collection procedures collaboratively with our operational teams for building the relevant predictive models.
- Responsible for processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of IMAGE data used for model development.
- Responsible for developing processes and tools to monitor and analyze the data quality and model performance.
- Evaluate new sensor models.
- Build tools and framework for multiple cameras and sensor calibration.
- Develop various computer vision algorithms that are efficient and robust.
- Play an active role in end-to-end product development/deployment lifecycle.
- Work collaboratively with other software developers and engineers to integrate algorithms into a complete product.
- Test the AI products in the field and refine the products by learning and applying new algorithms.
- Thoroughly test and objectively evaluate the scope of validity of any R&D deliverables.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience with OpenCV and Deep Learning frameworks: TensorFlow or PyTorch or Caffe
- Experience with deep learning algorithms: CNN, RNN, and LSTM
- Experience in computer vision algorithms and 2D sensor data
- Proficient programming skills in Python (must have), R (nice to have)
- Strong of computer vision fundamentals
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques using time series datasets, Bayesian Probability, Markov Models (HMM).
- Experience in using AWS (S3, Sage Maker)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Works effectively in small teams
- Ph.D. or master’s degree in computer science, Data Science, Bioinformatics, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the computer vision and deep learning field
- Experience in working in an agile environment, using project management and reporting tools (e.g., Confluence, Jira etc)
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position; however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.