Data models need good data and effective training to be useful. The Data Scientist will work closely with the Manager of Data Sciences to build out new analytics capabilities on top of the AutoPicker solution.
The Data Scientist will be focused on sourcing, transforming and loading data into new models built to support AutoPicker. The Data Sciences Practitioner will take direction and guidance from the Manager of Data Sciences.
This position is a combination of both a data engineering and data sciences role.
What You'll Do:
- Developing ETL/ ELT processes to source and load data into data sciences data models.
- Partition and prepare data to train models.
- Develop enrichment processes and procedures to improve the cleanliness, usability and understanding of data.
- Management of large-scale data processing system for preparing structured and unstructured data for analytic modeling.
- Combination of both technical processes and business logic to transform data from disparate sources into cohesive meaningful data with quality, governance and compliance considerations.
- Feature engineering, the process creating new input features for machine learning to improve predictive models
What You'll Need:
This is a challenging role that requires expertise in both Data Engineering and Data Sciences. This requires creative thinking and a deep understanding of the overall data lifecycle.
- University degree in math, statistics, operations research or related disciplines. Masters Level preferred.
- Equivalent of 5-10+ years related work experience (Data Engineering, data Sciences etc.)
- Previous experience with training and automating data models
- Experience using structured and unstructured data, internal and external sources.
- Experience with analytical tools and techniques
- Experience with related data manipulation
- Experience with Azure environment and data manipulation and analytical tools and techniques
- Scientific approach, curiosity, creativity, passion for finding the truth in data
- Strong organizational, verbal, written communication skills
- Initiative and ability to work with little supervision in cross functional teams
- Previous automotive services experience would be beneficial
- Sense of humor is mandatory