Fresh Consulting is a design-led, software development and hardware engineering company, offering end-to-end digital services to help companies innovate. We bring together amazing UX designers, sophisticated developers, digital strategists, and top-notch engineers to help companies create fresh experiences that connect humans, systems, and machines. We’ve been growing fast and need someone to help us continue to manage the delivery of high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. See more at freshconsulting.com
Fresh has partnered with an organization involved in preserving and restoring river water, providing technology to farmers, and making the environment better for the Earth.
- The Data Scientist will be responsible for leading efforts to refine and make scalable/adaptable its rigorous systems and analytical approaches to quantify the ecological and economic outcomes that result from land and water management choices – especially as they relate to the quantity and quality of surface and groundwater and aquatic ecosystems.
- This position requires a proven problem-solver who can work in a dynamic, innovative, and fast-paced environment that emphasizes quality, analytical rigor, critical thinking, and a strong desire to grow and integrate the talent and skills of team members. This role is ideal for an individual with knowledge of natural resource science, data science, and evolving technology that can apply their skills and experience to an organization seeking to apply data and analytics to critical problems facing freshwater ecosystems.
- This position requires the ability to understand and stay focused on organization mission and product vision, while supporting the science and analytics team members to meet product development milestones and managing competing priorities.
- The Data Scientist will lead a variety of science and analytics initiatives, often with a focus on deriving insight from geospatial data by designing, testing, and deploying scalable models help guide projects and programs.
- This position requires the ability to understand technical details in order to contribute and guide product development and the ability to communicate with non-technical teams to ensure continuous alignment of product development, market needs, and mission goals.
- Develop modeling and data processes in Python.
- Lead technical initiatives on advanced analytics projects such as predictive modeling.
- Oversee workflow to drive timely goal attainment.
- Ensure excellence within the science and analytics team and the products produced.
- Work closely with organizational leadership to ensure organization mission and vision are continuously aligned with software outputs.
- Provide review for analytical deliverables and visual representation of work product.
- Work with finance team to track hours and project resourcing needs.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years working as part of technical teams.
- Advanced competency with Python and/or R.
- Strong background in machine learning implementation and deployment in scalable environments.
- Experience applying statistical/ML techniques to messy, real-world datasets, particularly geospatial data.
- Ability to work in an open-office, team environment (although we are all currently working from home).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Education: Advanced degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, environmental science, or related field.
Generous benefits and much more.
– Work on engineering and research assignments with F500 companies and startups.
– The relationships that we have created with our clients are one of a kind.
– We help solve problems in many technologies focusing on R&D, product development, and manufacturing.
– We work at the most cutting-edge and latest technologies from AR/VR to Autonomous technologies.
– Closely working with our clients, we believe that long term investments are extremely important to maintain the culture we together have created.
We’re a handpicked team of Engineers, digital strategist, designers, and developers united together in creating a fresh experience. Whether we are strategizing, designing, developing, or analyzing, our integrated team works as an extension of yours to improve your impact, your usability, and your customer conversion. In the process, we collaborate with you to get to know your business, understand your industry, and incorporate your big ideas into memorable experiences that keep your customers coming back for more.