We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
The Data & Analytics team is a hub of data science expertise within CIBC, and is leading the way in applying the best practices in predictive science, machine learning, leveraging massive datasets and the latest in big data technology platforms. As a Machine Learning Engineer in Advanced Analytics, you will work with business and technology partners to deliver solutions that meet their analytical needs and help serve our clients. You will work with real world structured and unstructured datasets to produce end-to-end solutions, taking models from experiment to deployment. We collaborate with partners in the space of AI and machine learning, and engage in collaborations with leading academic researchers to promote the exchange of ideas and enrich our talent.
How You’ll Succeed
- Deliver solutions for business partners: Work with business partners to develop suitable solutions for their analytics needs.
- Work with technology partners: Deliver effective solutions within the context of CIBC’s technology strategy.
- Establish best practices: Both within the team and larger organization for analytics projects, including data processing, model development and deployment processes.
- Support deployed solutions: Ongoing maintenance and support of deployed models.
- Be a data expert: Understand the data landscape at CIBC, including available resources and architecting data pipelines for deployed models.
- Build our capabilities: Represent the advanced analytics team in strategic data and analytics platform initiatives.
- Technical leadership: Stay abreast of advances in AI/ML technologies and industry practices.
- Innovate, collaborate and lead: Help build the bank of the future by delivering solutions that meet our clients’ changing needs.
- Provide interpretive advice to business and functional leaders: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to develop unique solutions to complex and abstract issues.
- Create : Ability to think and analyze strategically whilst conceptualizing ideas.
- Lead and shape the decision making process in situations that involve complexity and ambiguity: Strong influential/negotiations skills sufficient to recognize and respond to concerns of multiple interests.
- Consulting and analysis: Well-developed communication and relationship management skills to convey technical information in understandable terms.
- Lead in an evolving environment with shifting priorities: Flexibility to adapt.
- Successful delivery of large, high impact and multi-faceted projects: Solid project management skills.
- Lead and motivate a high performing, professional and diverse workforce: Strong management skills
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate advanced knowledge of decision science and modeling techniques, tools and platforms.
- You have extensive knowledge of:
- Frameworks for ML/AI (scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch)
- Programming experience in programming in Python and SQL
- Experience developing Python applications including the Flask framework, debugging Python applications using IDEs such as PyCharm
- Experience with software engineering and DevOps tools
- Comfortable using Git including working with branches and popular Git workflows, such as Gitflow and Feature Branch Workflow
- Conceptual understanding of containerization technology and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Docker and writing Dockerfiles experience is a plus
- Experience with one or more cloud services
- Data modelling and data architecture skills
- You’re a certified professional. Designations (Master’s/PhD) from analytical fields
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-CC North 26th Floor