Senior Data Scientist, Global Technology Company, Up to 50,000 Euros + Strong Benefits, Lisbon, Portugal, ASAP StartOverview of the Snr Data Scientist:
Based in our clients Portuguese offices in Saldanha , Lisbon. This company is a global technology powerhouse and they are looking for an exceptional data-driven individual to join their Data Science team.
The successful candidate will report to Director of Data Science in the B2B organization and will be responsible for optimizing existing monetization strategies and identifying new revenue growth opportunities.
The Data Scientist will be focused on driving the analysis of user behaviour and coming up with new models and algorithms to grow revenue. This is a tremendous chance to make an already successful global technology organisation even better, while enjoying the energy and rapid pace of a start-up. This role requires very strong emphasis on data analysis and advanced analytics.Key areas of responsibility:
What We Seek:
- Perform data analysis to support key decision making to evaluate opportunities for revenue optimization.
- Oversee full lifecycle of analytical model development to optimize traffic monetization
- Develop predictive models for user engagement and buying behaviour.
- Identify opportunities for revenue growth via user segmentation and personalized recommendations.
- Mentor junior team members
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to create product requirements and specification documents for new features and products
- A results-oriented person who thrives on data and measurements.
- Ability to derive practical solutions to business problems from not-always-perfect data of formidable size.
- Proven track record of translating business needs into data-driven solutions.
- Demonstrated ability of communicating complex analytical issues to technical and business audiences
- Proficiency in data transformation, cleansing and interpretation.
- Expert SQL skills and experience with Big Data stack (Hadoop/Hive/Pig/Spark/etc.).
- Masters/Ph.D. in quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience is required
- Proficiency with statistical programming environment (e.g. R, Python).
- Ability to work well with colleagues across multiple global offices.
- Significant experience with eCommerce, display advertising, audience segmentation, classification, online auctions, A/B testing, or marketing analytics is strongly preferred