E.ON Next Data Scientist
Location Coventry or Leicester or London
Salary – from £45,000
Do you love analytics and want to work with cutting-edge technology? Then E.ON Next is right for you;
We are looking for a Data Scientists to join our brand new E.ON Next team. As a Data Scientist you’ll play a key role in our business by analysing market costs to ensure accurate cost modelling.
You’ll inform crucial business decisions by being the key interface between the business and data, ensuring democratised access to meaningful data sets, you’ll love all things pricing as you will be accessing data from our Digital Platform to inform crucial business decisions.
Here’s a taste of what you will be doing:
- Run pricing and support decisions around tariff options.
- Analyse market costs and own cost modelling.
- Employ sophisticated analytics, modelling, forecasting, and simulations using Python and SQL to support business decisions.
- Be a key advisor to the business, pragmatically prioritising analytics pipeline.
Are we a Match?
We’re continuing to innovate in the energy industry and we’ll succeed because of our people.
Do you have the following experience in;
- Data Engineering: architecture, modelling, implementation/testing.
- Data operations: quality, scheduling/monitoring, exception handling.
- Data science:, statistics, business models, machine learning.
- Technologies: SQL, Postgres, Python, Python data science stack, Tableau.
- Previous experience of working in finance, the energy industry or customer service operations.
- A strong Business Analytics background – experience working with and manipulating numerical, textual and time-series data.
- A strong understanding of big data frameworks and interactive visualization tools.
- Have the ability to see problems as opportunities, have a logical, creative and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Feel comfortable managing and prioritising across the whole business with senior leadership support.
- Think intellectually curious and enjoy learning.
- Feel happy to make your own decisions, fear of failing doesn’t hold you back, it drives you forward, learning all the time and taking responsibility.
- Thrive on being a Team player – enjoy being part of a team, knowing the part you play in your teams’ success, committed to giving your best and share learnings.
- Take initiative and enjoy exploring and expanding your role.
- Open to new technologies & new ways of working
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Wanting to be part of a growth culture - every week will be different
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you;
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- It’s a permanent role.
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays – this includes a guarantee of for your birthday if you want.
- A generous pension scheme.
- The chance to choose from our Flexible Benefits range.
- We’ll round off the week as a family, as we down tools at the Friday social.
E.ON is committed to being an inclusive employer. We recognise that everyone is different and we aim to provide a working environment where each person feels respected, valued and able to achieve their full potential. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. If you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.